A brief note on the activities of the Department:
SSC Results March 2020: Action Plan for improvement of results and academic Standards:A 60 day action plan is being implemented in all high schools from 15.11.2019 to 12.02.2020.Digital content for class X in all subjects prepared and distributed to all the high schools keeping in view below average students and this content was distributed to all high schools to show the videos to the students through K-Yans.Headmasters are conducting parents meetings for every 15 days and reviewing the performance of their wards.Continuous monitoring by the MEOs, Nodal Headmasters (mandals where there are no MEOs)
Programmes/Schemes of the Department: Both State & Central:
1.Program/Scheme Name: Samagra Siksha, Telangana
Brief of the scheme:
Samagra Shiksha is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented by Government of India in partnership with State Governments, is India’s main programme for universalising elementary education. Its overall goals include universal access and retention, bridging of gender and social category gaps in education and enhancement of learning levels ofchildren. Launched in the year 2000-2001, SSA has achieved considerable success in universalising elementary education.Today, there are 19.67 crore children enrolled in 14.5 lakh elementary schools in the country with 66.27 lakh teachers at elementary level.
b) Objectives of the scheme:
the Samagra Shiksha is to provide useful and relevant elementary education for all children in the 6 to 14 age group. There is also another goal to bridge social, regional and gender gaps, with the active participation of the community in the management of schools. Useful and relevant education signifies a quest for an education system that is not alienating and that draws on community solidarity. Its aim is to allow children to learn about and master their natural environment in a manner that allows the fullest harnessing of their human potential both spiritually and materially. This quest must also be a process of value based learning that allows children an opportunity to work for each other’s well being rather than to permit mere selfish pursuits.
Samagra Shiksha realizes the importance of Early Childhood Care and Education and looks at the 0-14 age as a continuum. All efforts to support pre-school learning in ICDS centres or special pre-school centres in non ICDS areas will be made to supplement the efforts being made by the Department of Women and Child Development.
- Contact Details of the officer concerned:
- Website address of the scheme, if any: https://samagrashiksha.telangana.gov.in/
Program/Scheme Name: MID DAY MEAL SCHEME
Brief of the scheme:
Mid Day Meal Scheme is being implemented in Government, Local body, Aided, NCLP and Madarsas (recognized) schools in the State.
- Government of India launched the scheme in January 2003 for the children studying in Primary Schools (Classes I to V).
- Extended to Upper Primary Schools (Classes VI to VIII) in October, 2008.
- Further extended to the children studying in centres under National Child Labour Project (NCLP) from the Academic Year 2010-11.
- To improve the nutritional and health standard of the growing children.
- Elimination of class-room hunger.
- Increase in enrolment, more significantly of girls.
- Improve in daily attendance particularly of girls and children from poorer sections.
- To reduce drop-outs.
- Socializing among castes and empower women employment.
State Government Initiatives:
- Mid Day Meal Scheme extended to IX & X classes from 2008-09.
- State Government is providing FINE RICE under Mid Day Meal Scheme w.e.f 01.01.2015.
- Eggs are being provided thrice a week per student under Mid Day Meal Scheme.
- Training has been given to 25721 Cook-cum-Helpers.
- No. of Cook-cum-Helpers working:1700
- Honorarium to Cook-cum-Helpers:Rs. 1000/- per month for 10 months
- Number of Cook-cum-Helpers will be engaged based on the enrollment of the students:
- Up to 25 students- 1
- 26 to 100 students- 2
- For every additional 100 students 1 Cook-cum-Helper will be engaged
The Implementing Agencies will be appointed by the following Mandal Level Committee in the schools
- Tahasildar – Chairman
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer-Member
- Mandal Educational Officer- Member Convenor